Creating Effective Video Presentations: A comprehensive Guide
Video presentations are becoming increasingly important in today’s workplace. Some presenters are taking advantage of this, rather than sticking to the traditional slide presentation format. A slide presentation was once enough to convey important information, but with modern video technology, there is more scope to turn a simple presentation into a more immersive experience. Here’s a complete guide to create effective video presentations.
What are video presentations?
Video presentations, contrary to the traditional slide based presentations, involve an integral storyboard, engaging visuals along with sound effects, music and sometimes voice over. Video presentations ensures a higher engagement with your audience which can help your message stand out.
What are the uses of video presentations?
Video presentations has a range of usages such as:
- Explainer Videos – which helps in explaining a service, product features or a process. Example – https://vimeo.com/686635268
- Product Demos – which helps in introducing your product along with its benefits. Example – https://vimeo.com/687041898
- Corporate Audiovisuals – which is ideally suited for seminars and conferences. Example – https://vimeo.com/687042730
- Pitch Videos – which is created to make your product or venture pitch engaging. Example: https://vimeo.com/686994727
- Anniversary Videos – used for showcasing company achievements and milestones. Example: https://vimeo.com/686995829
- Social & Viral Videos – used for creating brand awareness and increasing reach. Example: https://vimeo.com/687013101
- Training & Learning Videos – used for creating engaging and impactful training content. Example: https://vimeo.com/687037436
What are the types of video presentations?
According to PresentationGFX, a leading presentation design agency, there are seven types of video presentations.
- 2D Animated Video presentations – Usually created in Adobe Flash / Adobe Animate. These require a specialized animator and takes quite a bit of time. Example: https://vimeo.com/686994152
- 3D Animated video presentations – Usually created using Aftereffects and other 3D modeling software. These are usually extremely complex videos and requires high degree of skill and effort. Example: https://vimeo.com/687010880
- Whiteboard Animations – A great way to showcase your present your ideas or messages using whiteboard animations. These are relatively easy to make using specialized software. Example: https://vimeo.com/687037360
- PowerPoint Videos – Latest PowerPoint allows us to create animated videos and easily convert them to videos. These are relatively cost effective and easy to create. Example: https://vimeo.com/687042730
- Live Action Videos – These are created using live action shoots and footages. These require a fair bit of budget, team and advanced editing. Example: https://vimeo.com/686636757
How to create an effective Video Presentation?
PresentationGFX, defines a clear and seamless process to produce video presentations. Following step by step approach will help you to create an effective presentation.
- Step 1: Storyboarding
- Step 2: Script Writing
- Step 3: Scene design
- Step 4: Animation
- Step 5: Voice over, Music and sound effects
Tools of creating Video Presentations
These are some of the popular tools to create video presentations.
- Presentation Tools: PowerPoint, Adobe Animate (Flash), Adobe After Effects, Canva, Prezi, Video Scribe, PowToon, etc.
- Video Editing Tools: Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, Power Director, Movavi, Filmora, etc.
- Audio Editing Tools: Adobe Audition, Audacity
Which type of video presentation should you choose?
The primary criteria will help you choose the right kind of video for you are:
- Budget – This indicated the budget allocated for the video. If you have a high budget, you can go for more complex types of video presentations which for lower budget you should opt of simpler options such as PowerPoint animations.
- Timeline – Timeline available at your end determines the kind of video you should opt for. Some video types usually take longer time such as 3D animations while some specialized software would help you create videos quickly.
- Shelf-life – This is defined by the usage of the video. How many times would you use your presentation? Would it be one time or can be sure repeatedly over a longer period. For higher shelf life, allocating higher budget makes sense.
- Impact – How important is your presentation? If it is of low importance such as internal communication or reporting it may have a lesser impact hence lower budget. But if it is for larger impact such as a high volume project sales pitch or investment pitch, it makes sense for a high budget video.
- Skills & Efforts – Choosing the right kind of video would depend on the skill set you would have internally or externally.
Should you outsource your video presentations or do it internally?
Well, this is a debatable topic but depending on the above conditions you can choose from the following options:
- Do it yourself – If you have the skills, infrastructure, time, and software. You can get the low impact, low shelf life, low budget work done by yourself. You may be a good at content, but an effective video presentation would need a combination of design skills, animation techniques, editing prowess etc.
- Get an internal team – If you have a need of continuous presentations to keep a team and their backups of content writers, animators, art directors, designers, and music editors efficiently busy along with the software licenses, asset libraries and required infrastructure, then having a team makes sense. Even if there is a requirement for that, setting and maintaining a team can be a lot of work.
- Find a freelancer – Freelancers can be good of low impact and low shelf life work as the budget would be low, but dependability and skills are questionable.
- Hire an Agency – Hiring a reputable presentation design agency like PresentationGFX would ensure high quality outputs on a continuous basis without any headaches.
Are you looking for a world class presentation design agency?
PresentationGFX (www.presentationgfx.com), a dedicated marketing design firm, helps businesses by creating effective and impactful visual communications through presentations, videos, animations and graphics. Innovative designs, creative representation of data and cohesive story boarding makes PresentationGFX the ideal communication partner for businesses.